Blog Post #9

“The Flipped Classroom” has been described as “online instruction at home that frees class time for learning”. I think that this style of learning has some great advantages: people who aren’t able to attend class due to a bunch of different reasons; disability, transportation issues, or other responsibilities can still get a great education. It could lead to some issues such as an influx of internet based cheating, but I think the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Here is a link with more information. 


The three main open terms used in this podcast are “open education”, “open source” and “open content”. The general advantage to these things are the reduced costs of education, something that is very important due to the insanely increased costs of textbooks and other resources for the classroom, such as E-clickers. It is emphasized to make sure that when you use open content and sources you remember the five “R’s”- reuse, revise, remix, redistribute, retain. This article can be helpful to understand the specifics of how something becomes open source and open content.


I’ve spent a lot of time making powerpoint presentations for various classes and purposes, but I have definitely learned a few new things with our powerpoint projects this semester. I never knew how to record a voiceover of me giving my presentation and save it as a video, which could be an extremely useful skill to know, and I have also learned a great deal about how to add buttons, transitions and animations to make the powerpoint more interesting and interactive to those I am presenting to. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #7