Blog Post #6

These are screenshots from the website for my high school, Stanton College Preparatory. The website provided class pages for all four grades, detailing specific information that each may need, as well as more basic information about the school and programs within, such as the Advanced Placement program and the International Baccalaureate program. LINK

Im not sure that I am going to end up going into the education field, although it is a possibility, because Im just a first year student and I’m planning on going to grad school after my BA, and I have quite a few years before I have to decide what Im going to try to do with my degree. I can definitely see myself using all of the different educational technology that Ive seen in this class and in the tech sandbox if I do go into education, and If I go into something like the film industry, which is my minor, theres a whole bunch of other technology I will be using. Even though history is the study of times that are usually a lot less technologically advanced, I will definitely be making use of online archives and things of that sort as well. 


While all of the technology I saw in the tech sandbox last week could be made extremely useful in an educational setting, one that I saw that could be especially cool would be the VR headsets. As a history major, that’s the field I am likely going to go into, and if I were to teach, I think something that could make it seem like I was anywhere in the world, at any historic landmark, would be really cool for students. For example, instead of just talking about how large Versailles is and the role it played in the first French Revolution, I could show my students, which I feel would be much more effective. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #7