Blog Post #4

I have been enjoying my experience with using twitter in an academic manner. I’ve communicated with the twitter accounts for Microsoft office and been able to see and retweet updates about educational technology throughout the world, in a variety of fields. I can see twitter being useful in interacting with students and with other people in my fields.

I think the main cause of the digital divide is economic and social inequality, due to the fact that those who live beneath the poverty line aren’t able to afford necessary technology. As a teacher, its important to make sure that even if a student cannot complete an assignment with the technology that they have at home, they are able to make use of resources such as a media center.


In my own experience, the educational software that I would make the most use of in the classroom would be programs such as Microsoft office and google drive, which include things like PowerPoint, word, excel, google slides and google docs. If I do end up teaching after graduate school, I plan on teaching at a higher level, and students would be required to write papers and make presentations, so this technology would help them do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #7