Blog Post #2

Throughout my career as a student, I’ve spent a lot of time using Microsoft word alongside of other word processing programs. I mostly use it for writing papers, but I honestly tended to use google documents more in high school due to the fact that it automatically saved and I could access it from any computer. I saw my teachers often use it to create assignment sheets or syllabuses as well.

I haven’t had a lot of experience that I know about with copyright and fair use laws, but I’m sure my teachers in high school drew from documents that were copyrighted, and used the fact that it was for educational purposes to make it legal. If I were to become a teacher, the best way I would deal with these copyright rules would just to make sure that even if I borrowed idea for lesson plans I made sure to mostly make it mine or use it in a different way.


For implementation rules such as cheating or plagiarizing due to internet access, I would make sure to let my students know that they will be caught even if they think they wont, and use programs like turnitin.com. I would email all of my students to find out if they haven sort of disabilities, and then make sure all of my lesson plans are ADA compliant and help those students. For things going on such as issues with freedom of speech or sexting, I would make sure my students are aware of the legality and consequences of these things. 

Comments

  1. I really like the more casual feel of your post. You get right to the point really quickly and that makes it easy to read and enjoy. I would be careful having it be too casual as there were some errors but they're minor and don't take away from what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, I liked that you mentioned using turnitin.com to catch/prevent any cheating students. I've been in quite a few classes that use Turn-It-In for research papers, and sometimes even creative essays. I actually had a teacher once that was so suspicious of her students that she would monitor all the computer screens from her monitor while they took online test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up I also used many MS programs but especially word. Usually I just used it to write papers and never fully discovered the depth of what Word can do. Now that I am older I find myself struggling with some of the other abilities Word posses because I've never used them before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #7